Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Our last meeting was on February 20th.  Dealing with all the snow that we have had put a cramp on our cooking.  However, we did manage to do some recipes.

Ruby did Better Homes and Gardens 75 Years of All-Time Favorites.

Maryland Fried Chicken on page 175.  She said the recipe was easy to follow, not expensive and taste was VERY GOOD.  Her comment was "The chicken was very tasty and low fat."  She said she would use the cookbook for more recipes.

I did Cooking Light-Lighten up America.

Cranberry Orange Scones on page 33- easy to follow, not expensive and taste was NOTHING SPECIAL.  I would add a little more sugar and maybe some cinnamon.  I had to substitute lemons for the oranges because my stomach objects to oranges quite vehemently.

Butter Crunch Lemon Bars on page 299- easy to follow, not expensive and taste was GOOD.  When doing the recipe I forgot to whirl the cottage cheese before adding the other ingredients, so they turned out a bit grainy.  I will attempt to do it again the proper way and see how it turns out then.

Chicken Diva on page 143- easy to follow, not expensive and taste was VERY GOOD.  I had to use baby bella's instead of the cremini's and it still turned out very good.

Meatballs and Spaghetti on page 137- easy to follow, not expensive and taste was VERY GOOD.
My husband loved the meatballs and he is a tough critic.  The spaghetti part was just regular spaghetti that you buy in the store. 

I will definitely use this cookbook again.

No comments:

Post a Comment